Basic Details of CA Inter Course 2023
|CA Foundation||Registration, Fees & Exam Details Etc.|
|Exam Name||CA Intermediate Course 2023|
|Conducting Body||Institute Of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)|
|Level Of Exam||National Level (Second Step In CA Journey)|
|Eligibilty||CA Inter Registration Through – CA Foundation Course|
CA Inter Registration Through – Direct Entry Route (After Graduation)
|CA Inter Registration fees||CA Inter Registration Fees For Single Group – ₹13000 = [ ₹11000 + ₹2000 (Student’s Activity Fees)]|
CA Inter Registration Fees For Both Groups – ₹18000 (Registration + Activity Fee + Article Assistant)
|Syllabus||GROUP – 1|
Paper-1: Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-2: Corporate and Other Laws (100 Marks)
Part I: Company Law (60 Marks)
Part II: Other Laws (40 Marks)
Paper-3: Cost and Management Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-4: Taxation (100 Marks)
Section A: Income-Tax Law (60 Marks)
Section B: Indirect Taxes (40 Marks)
GROUP – 2
Paper-5: Advanced Accounting (100 Marks)
Paper-6: Auditing and Assurance (100 Marks)
Paper-7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management (100 Marks)
Section A: Enterprise Information Systems (50 Marks)
Section B: Strategic Management (50 Marks)
Paper-8: Financial Management & Economics for Finance (100 Marks)
Section A: Financial Management (60 Marks)
Section B: Economics for Finance (40 Marks)
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper Based)|
|Medium of Exam||English/ Hindi|
|Exam Dates||May/June 2023 & Nov 2023 (Twice In a Year)|
- Step 1: Login To SSP
- Step 2: Student Cycle
- Step 3: Filling the Form
- Step 4: Educational Qualifications
- Step 5: Specify Prefrences
- Step 6: Upload Photo And Signature
- Step 7: Generate OTP
- Step 7: Complete the Registration Process
- I have done graduation. Do I need to enroll for the CA Foundation exam?
- Can I register for the CA Intermediate course anytime during the year?
- What is provisional registration for CA Inter Registration Nov 2023 exam?
- What is the CA Inter registration fee?
- What are the Documents required for ICAI CA Inter Registration?
CA Inter Registration Complete Detail:
CA Inter Registration Nov 2023 – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is accepting the registration for CA Inter November 2023 session until March 01, 2023. However, it has closed the registration of CA Intermediate exam 2023 for May session on September 1, 2022. The Institute will open the exam form of CA Intermediate 2023 for May session on February 3, 2023. The last date to fill the CA Inter exam form will be February 24, 2023 without late fees. Once a candidate completes CA Intermediate registration 2023 it will be valid for a span of four years. To register for CA Intermediate course, candidates have two options – admission through direct entry route or after clearing CA Foundation exam.
- The Inter Course of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum is the Second stage of the course, and it covers working knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession.
- Students of the Intermediate Course are required to undergo an eight-month study course before appearing for the first time in the Intermediate Examination.
- Students are also imparted a Four Weeks Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills (ICITSS) before registering for the practical training.
- Candidates who are Graduates/ Post Graduates in Commerce with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks are exempted from qualifying Foundation Examination and are eligible for straight away registration to Intermediate Course and undergo ICITSS.
- Students who are pursuing Final year Graduation Course can also register for the Intermediate Course on provisional basis.
- Intermediate Course registration is valid for 4 years and can be revalidated any number of times for further 4 years period by paying the revalidation fee.
Here are some additional details about the Intermediate Course:
- The course is divided into two groups, each of which consists of Four papers.
- Students must pass both groups of the Intermediate Examination in order to be eligible for the Final Course.
- The Final Course is the final stage of the Chartered Accountancy curriculum.
- It covers advanced application knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession.
- Students must complete 2.5 years of practical training in order to be eligible to sit for the Final Examination.
- The Final Examination is a comprehensive exam that covers all of the subjects that have been taught in the Intermediate and Final Courses.
- Students who pass the Final Examination are awarded the degree of Chartered Accountant.
Eligibility For CA Inter Registration Nov 2023
The two paths to register for the CA Intermediate Course are;
- CA Foundation Route – Clear the CA Foundation course to be eligible for the CA Intermediate registration through the foundation route.
- CA Direct Entry Route – Graduated or Post Graduated students with a minimum required percentage can directly register for the CA Intermediate exam without giving CA Foundation.
The CA Intermediate eligibility criteria through the Direct entry route are:
- Commerce student graduate or postgraduate should have scored a minimum of 55% marks, and non-commerce graduate or postgraduate students should have scored a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidates must have cleared the intermediate level of the institute of company secretaries of India and the institute of cost Accountancy in India.
Students registering for the CA Intermediate through the foundation route can go for either both groups or a single group. But, the direct entry route students have to register for both groups together.
CA Inter Registration Fees:
|Fee Details||Both Groups (₹)||Single Group (₹)|
|CA Inter Registration Fees||15000||11000|
|Student’s Activity Fees||2000||2000*|
|Registration Fee as article assistant||1000|
* To be paid once.
- The registration fee for CA Intermediate is $1000 for both groups and $600 for a single group for foreign students.
- The students who are entering the CA Course by the direct entry route have to pay Rs 200 (the US $20) as a cost of the prospectus in addition to the above fees.
- Direct entry students also need to register themselves for the ITT and OP training program before registering for the practical training each for 15 days.
- The fee for ITT(Information Technology Training) Program is Rs 6500/- inclusive of the Study Material and tea/refreshment provided by the ICAI.
- And the fee for the OP (Orientation Program ) is Rs 7000/- inclusive of Study Material and tea/refreshment provided by the ICAI.
Documents Required For CA Inter Registration
- Attested copy of the class 12th marksheet or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination.
- For the direct entry scheme students – Attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) or ICWAI (Institute of Cost Accountants of India)
- Coloured and latest photograph.
- Proof of Nationality, if a student is a foreigner.
- Proof of special category certificate i.e. SC/ST/OBC or Differently abled.
Make sure that you have all the above documents with you while filling out the CA Intermediate registration form.
Once the above formalities are completed, CA Intermediate Study Material will be dispatched to the students within one month through the Centralized Dispatch System.
How to Register For CA Intermediate?
In this section, we’ll chart out the step-by-step process of registering for the CA Intermediate course.
To start the CA Intermediate registration process online, you can either visit the official website: http://www.icai.org or simply visit the Self Service Portal (SSP) and follow these steps.
Step 1: Login To SSP
You need to have your account created on the ICAI SSP to get started with the CA inter registration process. If you have created the login to SSP, sign in using your login credentials. If you don’t have the login ID yet, click on the link for “First Time User (New Student) ” (see image below)
Once your login credentials are created, you will receive them in your registered email ID.
Step 2: Student Cycle
Enter your user ID and password and click on “Login”. It will take you to the page below, where you need to click on “Student Cycle”.
Click “Intermediate through PE1/CPT/Foundation. If you’re eligible for Direct Entry, then click on “Intermediate (Direct Entry) for existing student”
For those students who are new applicants and are eligible for direct entry, ICAI has introduced a new Direct Entry form. You can find the link on SSP (as shown below) and click to proceed.
You’ll need to create your login credentials as explained in the previous step. Once you have received your login details in your email, sign in. Click on the “Apply for Direct Entry for New Applicants” (as shown below).
Step 3: Filling the Form
If you’re an existing student, your details will be auto-filled.
Click on “Save and Next”.
For new applicants in the direct entry category, fill out the details such as your full name, gender, marital status, DOB, mobile number, email address and other details.
Step 4: Educational Qualifications
You’ll need to furnish your qualification details. Please note that Class 10 and 12 details are mandatory and it’s also compulsory to attach self-attested documents for the same. So make sure to sign and scan the photocopies of all required original documents and upload them.
Step 5: Specify Prefrences
Now you’ll be asked to provide your choice of medium for your study material and whether you wish to join for single or both groups of CA intermediate exams. Your CA inter study materials will be dispatched accordingly.
Your route of joining will be shown as PE1/CPT/FOUNDATION. Click on “Save and Next”.
Step 6: Upload Photo And Signature
You’ll need to upload your latest photo with an image size of up to 100 KB. Bear in mind that only jpg and jpeg image formats are accepted.
Please note: The maximum size of the photo to be submitted should be 21 cm wide X 27 cm in length. If these conditions are not met, your application could be rejected.
Step 7: Generate OTP
After you’ve completed all the above steps, click on “Generate OTP”.
You’ll receive the OTP in your registered mobile number and a verification link in your registered email ID.
Step 7: Complete the Registration Process
After entering the OTP, enter the CAPTCHA text and click “Submit”.
This concludes your application submission process. Successful submission will be approved and verified by ICAI.
CA Inter Important Dates
|CA Intermediate 2023||November 2023|
|Last date For CA Inter Registration Nov 2023||March 1, 2023|
|Availability of CA Inter exam form||To be notified|
|Last date for submission of online examination application|
forms with late fees of Rs.600
|To be notified|
|Exam dates||To be notified|
ICAI CA Intermediate Registration Validity
he validity of the CA Inter registration form is for 4 years. If the candidate can’t qualify for the exam within four years, he has to revalidate his registration.
ICAI has introduced the CA new scheme of education & training. Here, the institute has increased the registration validity from 4 years to 5 years.
FAQs About CA Intermediate Registration, Fees Etc.
I have done graduation. Do I need to enroll for the CA Foundation exam?
As per the eligibility criteria, candidates who have graduation degree can register for the CA Intermediate programme through the direct entry route.
Can I register for the CA Intermediate course anytime during the year?
Yes, the registration for CA Intermediate course is open throughout the year. However, candidates need to keep in mind the cutoff dates before registering themselves.
What is provisional registration for CA Inter Registration Nov 2023 exam?
As per the eligibility criteria, candidates who are in their final year of graduation or postgraduation can register for the CA Intermediate course on a provisional basis. Their registration is approved only when they submit valid proof of their graduation or Class 12 qualification with minimum aggregate marks.
What is the CA Inter registration fee?
Indian candidates have to pay Rs. 18000 for both groups and Rs. 13000 for a single group. However, for foreign students, the registration fee is $1000 for both groups and $600 for a single group.
What are the Documents required for ICAI CA Inter Registration?
Submit the attested copy of the Marksheet of class 12th or its equivalent Central Govt. recognized examination pass Mark statement. For the direct entry scheme students – Submit the attested copy of the Graduation / Post Graduation Marksheet OR Marksheet or Mark statement of Intermediate level Examination of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India)