ICAI has recently published a notification regarding Scholarship for CA Students. Text of the notification reads as –
Scholarship for CA Students
Board of Studies, ICAI invites applications for the award of Scholarship for CA Students to the selected candidates to be paid from April 1, 2020 onwards under the following categories –
Board of Studies, ICAI also awards Merit Scholarships to the Meritorious Students as a token of appreciation. Students whose names are appearing at Sl. No. 1-10 of Merit lists of Intermediate (IPC)/ Intermediate of November, 2019 Exam, in case the Rank at Sl. No.10 continues to Sl. No. 11 or 12 or so on, then all such rank holders shall be granted @ Rs. 2000/- p.m. Such students are not required to apply.
The detailed guidelines along with the requisite application forms (Form no. 3 & 4) are available on the Institute’s Website (www.icai.org) (link: http://www.icai.org/post.html?post_id=6486 ).
Terms for awarding Scholarship:
• Applicants shall be the registered students of Intermediate (IPC)/ Intermediate or Final Course.
• In the case of Intermediate (IPC)/Intermediate Students, Scholarship shall be paid for a maximum period of 18 months.
• In the case of Final students, Scholarship shall be paid for a maximum period of 30 months or balance period of their articleship, whichever is less.
An additional amount of Rs. 100/- p.m. shall be paid to SC/ ST/ OBC students, under Need-based and Weaker Section Category on submission of certificate/ documentary proof duly attested by a gazetted officer or a member of the Institute.
• One scholarship under the Need-Based and Weaker Section Category is reserved for a Physically Challenged student.
• Income Certificate (Form No. 4) is to be submitted on the letter head of the Principal under whom the Student is undergoing Articleship (Practical Training) (Part I) / letter head of any member of ICAI in case the Student is not undergoing Articleship (Part-II). The applications without Form No. 4 will not be processed.
Duly completed and signed Application Forms in the prescribed formats as mentioned above should reach the Director, Board of Studies, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, ICAI Bhawan, A-29, Sector-62, Noida-201309 latest by 31st March, 2020. In case of any clarification, please contact the Board of Studies, Telephone Nos. 0120-3045914; email: [email protected]
Director, Board of Studies
Official Link of above notification can be accessed from below –
That’s all for now. Stay Connected for more such authentic updates.
Watch this short video for May 2022 CA Final Exams covering full strategy to score Exemption in Audit with full plan to prepare with appropriate study materials and revision strategy before exams! All the best 🙂