ICAI has issued a new notification on 24 August 2019. The notification is regarding applicability of Case Scenarios for Intermediate & Final Level. The text of the notification reads as :
24th August 2019
Development of Case Studies and Case Scenarios
In the New Scheme of Education and Training, the assessment of elective papers at the Final level is open book and case study based. Further, in certain core papers at the Intermediate and final levels, integrated case scenario based assessment is being introduced to assess higher level analytical skills. For this purpose, we invite expression of interest from experts in different subject areas to contribute to the development of case studies and integrated case scenarios.
Development of Case Studies in Elective Papers at the Final level
- Case studies need to be developed in the following six elective papers:
Paper 6A: Risk Management
Paper 6B: Financial Services and Capital Markets Paper 6C: International Taxation
Paper 6D: Economic Laws
Paper 6E: Global Financial Reporting Standards Paper 6F: Multi-disciplinary case study
The syllabus of the above papers are available at https://resource.cdn.icai.org/45573bos35679-final.pdf
- The length of the case study (including MCQs and descriptive questions) should be for 4 to 6 pages.
- Each case study should comprise of MCQs and descriptive questions involving computations/analysis/interpretation.
- Considering that the assessment is open book and case study based, all questions (both MCQs and descriptive questions) should be application-oriented and should arise from the facts of the case [i.e., MCQs and descriptive questions should be framed in such a manner that the relevant provisions of laws/accounting and auditing standards/relevant concepts and principles would need to be applied to the facts of the case study to choose the correct option].
- Each MCQ should have four options out of which there should be only one correct answer.
- Each case study may involve application of two or more topics from the syllabus of the subject.
- In case of Paper 6F: Multi-disciplinary case study, the case study may involve application of provisions/concepts in two or three subjects.
- The remuneration for development of each case study would be Rs.5,000.
Sample case studies are available at the BoS Knowledge Portal:
Development of Integrated Case Scenarios in select subjects at the Intermediate and Final levels
- Integrated case scenarios followed by MCQs based on such case scenarios have to be developed to assess the analytical and application skills in the following select core subjects at the Intermediate and Final level:
|2||Corporate and Other Laws|
|6||Auditing & Assurance|
|7||Enterprise Information System & Strategic Management|
The syllabus of these subjects are available at https://resource.cdn.icai.org/45571bos35676-intermediate.pdf.
In the IIPCE (Old) Paper 7 Information Technology also, case scenarios need to be developed. The syllabus for this subject is available at https://resource.cdn.icai.org/44376bos34304p7sm-ipages.pdf
|3||Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics|
|4||Corporate and Economic Laws|
|6||Information Systems Control and Audit|
|7||Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation|
|8||Indirect Tax Laws|
syllabus of these papers are available at https://resource.cdn.icai.org/45573bos35679-final.pdf.
For Paper 6, syllabus is available at https://resource.cdn.icai.org/41125bos30870-sm-initialpages.PDF
- Integrated case scenarios should comprise of a case scenario followed by a 5 to 6 MCQs based on the said case scenario.
- The length of the case scenario (including MCQs) should be for 1 to 2 pages.
- Each MCQ should have four options out of which there should be only one correct option.
- The MCQs should be application-oriented and should arise from the case scenario [i.e., they should be framed in such a manner that the relevant provisions of laws/accounting standards/standards on auditing/ concepts and principles would need to be applied to the facts of the case scenario to choose the correct option ].
- The remuneration for development of each case scenario is Rs.1,500.
For expression of interest, please visit https://forms.gle/YQLryW3MMVRjEeFw7
Director, Board of Studies
Official Link published by ICAI in this regard can be accessed from below –
That’s all for now. Stay Connected for more such authentic updates.
Join Whatsapp Group & Broadcast List by CA Study -
Enter your mobile number & click submit button to join whatsapp group & broadast list by CA Study for receiving free notes, ICAI Notifications & Doubts Clearance in Whatsapp Groups (Separate Group for male & female). Make sure to save 82691-77887 in contacts in order to receive whatsapp broadcast alerts.